Take a PTE Academic test in or nearby Singapore
Get to know the most favored universities and programmes to study abroad in Singapore.
Located in Southeast Asia, Singapore has a land area of about 710 square kilometres – one of the smallest countries in the world and the smallest in the region. Singapore commands an enormous presence in the world today with its free trade economy and highly efficient workforce.
Singapore is the fourth biggest commercial centre in the world, with major economic sectors in: trade, financial services, oil and petroleum refining, electronics manufacturing, biomedicine, and tourism.
Although Tamil is the main official language in Singapore, English is the main language of instruction, and also the second mother tongue for Singapore people. Singapore is home to a mix of four major communities: the Chinese, Malay, Indian, and Eurasian.
Typically, Singapore has just one season all year round, where you will experience a warm but humid weather, and many rainfalls.
Iconic places to visit
Singapore is a bustling, cosmopolitan place, offering wide and diverse leisure options. From high-rise buildings, to landscaped gardens, to a vibrant nightlife and numerous shopping centres, no one can get bored in Singapore.
Here are some of Singapore’s top attractions:
- Gardens by the Bay
- Buddha Temple and Museum
- ArtScience Museum
- Civilian War Memorial
- The triple-towered Marina Bay Sands
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- Sultan Mosque
- Singapore Zoo
- During the 14th century, the small but strategically-located island of Singapore was named “The Lion City” or Singapura.
- Singapore is one of the three city-states in the world; the others are Vatican and Monaco.
- According to a study by the British Council, Singaporeans have the fastest walking speed of all people worldwide. On average, they can walk about 6.15 km in an hour.
- The world’s first night zoo, The Night Safari, is in Singapore.
- The largest fountain in the world is in Singapore, at the heart of Suntec City.
- The longest human domino chain was set in Singapore in 2000.
- Singapore is also a Commonwealth member, and for this reason, Singapore citizens have rights to vote in all elections in the U.K..
10 most popular study destinations for students in Singapore
1. United Kingdom
3. United States