Take a PTE Academic test in or nearby Spain
Get to know the most favored universities and programmes to study abroad in Spain.
Spain has one of the most open, friendly and lively atmospheres you will ever experience. Spanish people live their lives to the fullest and everything is a reason for a fiesta, so you’ll be laughing and have a fun time in Spain more than you can imagine.
Spanish culture is fascinating and you could learn a lot about it by just admiring some of its architectural masterpieces, like the great Moorish fortress, the Alhambra, or Gaudi’s famous designs.
Spain is one of the world's biggest producers of saffron and olive oil. Some other important industries that support the country’s economy include renewable energy, telecommunications, tourism and textile manufacturing.
Since Spanish is the second most popular language in the world, you should take advantage of your time in Spain and learn the language that everyone is so attracted to. Learning Spanish won’t be just a fun activity, but it is also an impressive element you can add to your resume.
Iconic places to visit
Throughout Spain, you can find so many beautiful and remarkable attractions, some of them date back from Moorish times. Some of the most popular places you can visit in Spain are:
- The National Parks on the Canary Islands
- The Cave paintings of Altamira
- Buen Retiro Park
- The Royal Palace of Madrid
- Sagrada Familia,
- Casa Batillo
- City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia
- Basilica of Santa María in Alicante
- Throughout history, Spain had different names, from Iberia, to Hesperia, Hispania. They eventually settled on España, which literally means “land of the rabbits”.
- Spain remained neutral in both world wars.
- Spanish people invented the stapler.
- Some of the world’s greatest and most famous artists were Spanish: Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Joan Miro and Francisco Goya.
- Spain is the only country in Europe that produces bananas.
10 most popular study destinations for students in Spain
1. United Kingdom
5. United States