Take a PTE Academic test in or nearby Sweden
Get to know the most favored universities and programmes to study abroad in Sweden.
Interesting facts about Sweden
From Abba to Avicii, Sweden is a great music exporter. But don’t let that fool you! Sweden isn’t only about pop culture.
In fact, the country prides itself with a great tradition of monarchy and one the highest gender equality rates in the world. Ready for some more facts that will make you smile while reading? Here they are:
- The Nobel Prize is given each year in Sweden for extraordinary achievements in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Literature, and Economic Sciences. But did you know that students in Sweden can attend the Nobel Banquet and mingle alongside the Laureates?
- You might already know that companies like IKEA, H&M, Volvo, and Ericsson are Swedish. But did you know that Sweden is also a hub for software and game development? Spotify, Skype, Minecraft, Battlefield, and Candy Crush – amongst many others – are Swedish innovations.
- All employees (graduate students included) receive 5 weeks of paid leave per year.
- Learning Swedish will help you understand some Norwegian and Danish, as well, as all three languages evolved from the same dialect.
- Sweden doesn’t compromise when it comes to protecting the environment. You’ll discover an excellent recycling system and hear about all kinds of initiatives to reduce pollution.
But, on a lighter note, you should also know that, in Sweden:
- You can take sick leave during your holiday if you are ill.
- You’ll find elk fences along large roads to prevent elks from jamming traffic.
- Swedish children put on witch costumes and go trick-or-treating… on Easter.
- 20% of police stations are closed during the summer, because everyone is off on vacation.
10 most popular study destinations for students in Sweden
2. United Kingdom
5. United States